Best Time Management Tips involves core skills around which everything else revolves.
You should aim to increase the quantity and quality of your results by mastering your valuable time.
Success in every area is a fruit of the foundations of good work habits, focus, and concentration.
The purpose of time management is to allow you to spend more time with the people you love doing more of the things you enjoy.
Remind yourself daily of what's important.
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
Read the 17 best tips on time management after the image below.
You might want to read more about 15 ways to manage your time wisely at 15 Awesome Techniques for Efficient Time-Management
17 Of The Best Time Management Tips
Enjoy this selection of the best time management tips to keep you inspired.
- We kick off the first of the 17 time management tips by asking a question.
Are you a multi-tasking aficionado?
If you answered with a yes, try to do one thing at a time.
You can accomplish much when your attention isn’t divided.
Stay focused on one thing until it’s completed.
This is a very effective strategy.
- Make a today list only instead of making a to-do list.
This today list helps you to focus on your top priorities.
- Instead of trying to stuff everything into one day, break your time into chunks.
Time-chunking works better than having no plan at all.
- Start a new list for tomorrow if you don’t get everything on your to-do list finished.
Put the remaining items in order of importance on this new list.
Discover how this one little shift will make a difference.
- If you’re a creative, time management can be a challenge.
Practice time management skills daily, to create a new habit.
- If you notice you are procrastinating, ask yourself what you’re afraid of.
You may be afraid of not being perfect.
If so you find an issue holding you back work on it.
Once you deal with and fix that underlying issue, you’ll be less prone to put things off until later.
- On your calendar, include all appointments, tasks, meetings, etc.
Assign each item a start time and an end time.
It helps you to stay on schedule when you limit the time for each item.
- Create a plan for your day, week, and month.
When you have an extensive plan, even if it’s not definite or positive, it allows you to make the most of your available time and balance your responsibilities throughout the month.
- Get yourself an accountability partner to hold you accountable for your timeliness.
You’ll quickly be managing time more effectively.
- Reward yourself when you arrive on time or meet a deadline.
These rewards reinforce positive behavior, so you try to do it more often.
- Ask yourself, if you're putting too much effort into one area and not enough on another.
Being conscious of what you do will help you discover the answer, particularly when you test out your suspicions.
- Think about your childhood.
You didn’t have much to say about what you did or how you did it.
But you do now!.
Weigh your options and the consequences of each one, carefully to make the most of your limited time.
- Take breaks.
You don’t have to work on something endlessly to get it done.
Take 5-minute breaks every hour to reset your energy clock.
- What can you do to maximize your time?
Figure out what takes up too much of your day.
Create a plan containing several options that enable you to complete the task in less time.
- Promise yourself you won’t start another project until you finish the ones you already have.
Make a priority list and complete each one in that order.
- Use your commute to your advantage.
Meditate, listen to an uplifting audio, add lists or memos to your cell, read emails, and more.
When you make the most of the time you have, you’ll have more leisure time to enjoy.
- Put a timer on activities, which tend to steal your time.
It’s okay to take a break, but it’s not good to get lost in time.
“Never look back unless you are planning to go that way” – Henry David Thoreau
You May Also Enjoy
If you enjoyed “17 Of The Best Time Management Tips” please share it with a friend.