Looking After Your Health and Happiness as a Digital Marketer
If you work online full-time, then you might not consider yourself in a particularly dangerous line of work. You’re not exactly a firefighter or a soldier.
But there are still dangers here – they’re just much more subtle. Internet marketers don’t only run the risk of being highly stressed, they also run the risk of getting badly out of shape and even causing issues like RSI (repetitive strain injury).
If you want to be the successful type of internet marketer that we discussed earlier: the one who others perceive as a successful and polished entrepreneur who’s going places – rather than a washed up bum who doesn’t want a real job – then you need to focus on yourself.
Not only that, but it is only by focusing on your own health that you’ll do your best work and stand the best chance of success.
If you are a digital marketer, then you are an entrepreneur.
And if you’re an entrepreneur, then – as Tim Ferriss often discusses – you are at heightened risk of bipolar disorder.
This is a huge emotional rollercoaster and you will have days when you have tons of work and all your projects are going well, and days where it all just seems a waste.
This is why it is so important to guard your mental health and to look after yourself: so you can continue to do your best work without becoming burned out or giving up entirely.
Some things to consider:
- Make sure that you really do create a divide between your work and your personal time off. That means turning off your phone, having a separate email account etc.
- Try meditation. This is fantastic for improving your ability to compartmentalize in your mind and for ignoring things that don’t matter when you’re not working.
- Do things you love and do it for the love. Remove the pressure from yourself.
- Likewise, remove the expectation that you’ll be earning millions this time next year. Try to enjoy the ride!
- Sleep well and make sure you aren’t going to bed late
- Eat a healthy and nutritious diet
- Exercise – this is especially important considering how static a job digital marketing is
- Look after yourself: you might be working from home but that doesn’t mean you can work in your pants all day. Remember the old adage: dress for the job you want. Take care in your appearance.
- If you don’t have time for basic health and maintenance, strongly reconsider your current business model and work-life balance!
If you enjoyed Looking After Your Health And Happiness As A Digital Marketer please share it with your friends.
How to Manage Work/Life Balance, Finances and More for Solopreneurs
- How To Deal With The Challenges of Digital Marketing
- Thinking About Money and Your Work-Life Balance
- Passion vs Reality Of The Digital Marketing Lifestyle
- Can Anyone Run a Business Online
- How Long Does It Take To Start Earning Enough Money That You Can Quit Your Day Job
- Be a Content Creator With Passion
- Health & Happiness
- The Right Gear And Set Up For Staying Productive
- Digital Nomad
- Lifestyle Design