Why You Need to Consider Starting a Blog
You have probably seen other women in business starting a blog, and have wondered “what's all the fuss about?”
Blogs have been around long enough now that many women small business owners have discovered ways to use blogging as part of their internet marketing strategy.
If you're still sitting on the fence, here are a few good reasons we recommend that you consider writing a blog.
- Blogs make adding fresh content easy.
Starting a blog and posting to it is as easy as writing an email.
You do not need any unique skills or knowledge of web design.
- Blogs help to pull traffic because they are distributed by using RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds.
If you submit your RSS feed address to a variety of RSS and Blog Directories, each time you post something to your blog, this directory will know about it.
Recently updated feeds are featured prominently, providing greater visibility.
RSS also connects you to visitors who subscribe to your feed.
- Starting with a blog also help to pull traffic through the search engines as each blog post creates a new page of content.
- Blogs give your website “stickiness,” which means that people return over and over again.
Your readers subscribe to the RSS feed and get alerted whenever you post, and also your readers can comment on the blog if you allow that option!
Your visitors return again and again to check for comments.
- Blogs add personality to your website and your business in general.
Starting a blog gives you the freedom to let your customers, potential customers, and business acquaintances see your lighter side.
You don’t have to get too personal, but sharing little bits of yourself can be beneficial to your business relationships.
- Frequency is essential, but blogs don’t require a lot of time and effort to keep them fresh.
Starting a blog does not require a massive investment of time.
You don’t have to write full-length articles … you can share shorter, useful tidbits as a series which will keep your readers happy and encourage them to return for the next installment.
- Perhaps the most significant reason to start a blog is merely that they are so popular with so many people.
Blog fans can hardly resist clicking on a link to a blog and will subscribe to your feed to satisfy their hunger for fresh blog reading.
Makes you want to come down off the fence, doesn’t it? 🙂
- Why You Need To Consider Starting a Blog
- How To Chose Your Blog Host – WordPress or Blogger?
- Automate Your WordPress Blog By Posting Frequently
- Blogging For Business – How To Build Relationships
- Have You Ever Considered Community Blogging For Fun And Profit?
- How To Get People Commenting On Your Blog Like Crazy!
- Promoting Your Business Blog Isn't Rocket Science
- Three Ways to Make Money with your Blog
If you enjoyed “Why You Need To Consider Starting A Blog” please share it with a friend.